The Angstageddon! It's coming!

Once upon a time there were no tampons in three out of the four girls' bathrooms. We complained to the front office. Now there are magical tampon bowls. We are the tampon heroes of our elitist prep school. And how fine it is!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Somewhere On Planet Gaga


This sort of thing happens.

So much to chat about, but I'll try not to get too wordy. This isn't a word blog.
Okay. So I thought this song was about conducting trysts with multiple (?) Mexicans, or at least latin persons who are hot like Mexico. Possibly just one individual named Alejandro Fernando Roberto. Or something like that.

But this music video is some sort of Steampunk-esque Cabaret-influenced WWII debacle starring Lady Gaga. I think if I ever saw her anywhere, I wouldn't recognize her, because she looks so different in every music video. It's the wigs and makeup. You can do a lot with contouring.

Also, someone had better call Thombeau. I think he might have lost some of his Houseboys to Lady Gaga's version of WWII. I was a bit uncomfortable with the dancing Nazis. I recognize she is drawing from WWII movies, but the Holocaust isn't entertaining. Not ever.

This is why I like Lady Gaga. In her performances and videos, she gives us this view into some strange reality that I identify with and prefer. Nobody dies like they do in real life. They just dance around. Or turn into light. And even sadness is beautiful. I think Planet Gaga is near my home planet. Some day I will return. I don't want to die here on Planet Richbitch.

Also, at the end, when she dies, THAT is what it looks like when you Return to Fabulon, which is, of course, what happens when fabulous people die. I hope it will happen to me.

In other news, Madonna's cone bra has been trumped by Lady Gaga's gun bra.

No comments:

Post a Comment