The Angstageddon! It's coming!

Once upon a time there were no tampons in three out of the four girls' bathrooms. We complained to the front office. Now there are magical tampon bowls. We are the tampon heroes of our elitist prep school. And how fine it is!

Friday, March 26, 2010

I See Your Bukowski

And I raise you Jimmy.

He just oozes sexuality. Look at what he's doing with his lips. I sense a gay-crush coming on.

"One afternoon, red, satyr-thighed
Michael, the Irish setter, head
Passionately lowered, led
The child I was to a shut door. Inside,

Blinds beat sun from the bed.
The green-gold room throbbed like a bruise.
Under a sheet, clad in taboos
Lay whom we sought, her hair undone, outspread,

And of a blackness found, if ever now, in old
Engravings where the acid bit.
I must have needed to touch it
Or the whiteness—was she dead?
Her eyes flew open, startled strange and cold.
The dog slumped to the floor. She reached for me. I fled."


James Merrill [March 3, 1926 – February 6, 1995]

p.s.
Beloved Head Tamponette: not all of us can sit around all day posting moos-tashes. I try. I really do. But you're a tough act to follow/keep up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment